10.10.2011

laundry room is next

After painting everything except the laundry room, it's time to move on and wrap up the downstairs. We skipped it because there was a bigger plan for this room than just plan.

The laundry room is the catch-all for all things ugly we don't want people to see. Kitty litter, garbage can, cleaning supplies, mops, broken fan, ice cooler, miscellaneous junk... oh and the microwave.

Not going to lie, always felt a little gross and bad sending people to hover over the trashcan to warm up food. Not to mention the microwave was a freebie and in crap condition.

I tried to hide the mess with these boxes from Target.
Helped, but not so much, I think cabinets are the way to go. I've shopped around (online of course) and am trying to decide between Ikea and Lowe's. I want white cabinets. I like the glossy white cabinets from Ikea, but probably out of my price point for a little laundry room.

IKEA
LOWES
I also like the shoe closet from Ikea. I think two of those will help clear out the coat closet for something like coats. Plus it'll handle my little habit of kicking off my shoes in the kitchen since the current shoe closet is so far away. (p.s. not my house, it looks to clean)


I also like the idea of a table-top on the laundry machines and some practical, but interesting way, to access all the soaps.

The biggest challenge is going to be picking an appropriate paint color and fixing the crackle in the wall. I'd like to cheat and just glue the crack down and then paint yellow walls with some interesting screen decals or just white & yellow stripes? (p.s.s. again, not my house)


No comments:

Post a Comment